Through-Air dryers will push or draw the drying air though a porous web that is supported by an open mesh conveyor belt or chain. Web widths have varied from 10” to 200” (5 meters), yet all require an even distribution of drying air in the machine direction and cross-machine direction. ASI Through-Air dryers can be found in many industries including fiberglass mat, filtration media, abrasives and non-woven products.
A multi zone Through-Air dryer used in the production of fiberglass mat. It is designed for high speed production with a very low temperature variation in the cross-machine direction. The product web is first dried and then cured.
A non-woven application using a proprietary Through-Air dryer that cures the product with easy to clean removable plates.
This Through-Air lab line uses a herring bone assembly to support the product belt and provide return air control. The conveyor steering and tension controls are located underneath the dryer.
Converting and Paper Industries
- Abrasive coated web
- Barrier coated film
- Carbonless and thermal coatings
- Clay-coated paper and board
- Cleanroom applications
- Electronic components materials
- Filter media
- Flexible circuit materials
- Magnetic media film
- Non-woven products
- Optical quality products
- Photo sensitive materials
- Plastic, film and foil laminates
- Pre-pasted wall coverings
- Pressure sensitive adhesives
- Protective overcoats
- Saturated/impregnated materials
- Silicone release webs
- Transdermal medical webs
- Water-based and VOC solvent coatings