ASI manufactures dryers and ovens for a full range of web applications. Narrow webs (2” to 18”) require the same dryer sophistication as wider webs, including the low/high speed applications and the ability to float the web when non-contact web handling is needed.
Internal Air Turns
A two-sided coating requires that this 2.5” web is dried via this floatation dryer. Note the web path – the entrance (top) and exit (bottom) are at the same end. An internal 180o air turn is used to turn the web without contact. This application was for a flexible circuit board material.
A single zone high-temperature dryer for specialty coatings required a cross-machine temperature profile of +/- 5 oF. Note “clam-shell” configuration.
Clean Room Dryers
Stainless steel dryers (inside and out) are often used in clean-room environments for the medical products and photographic industries.
Converting and Paper Industries
- Abrasive coated web
- Barrier coated film
- Carbonless and thermal coatings
- Clay-coated paper and board
- Cleanroom applications
- Electronic components materials
- Filter media
- Flexible circuit materials
- Magnetic media film
- Non-woven products
- Optical quality products
- Photo sensitive materials
- Plastic, film and foil laminates
- Pre-pasted wall coverings
- Pressure sensitive adhesives
- Protective overcoats
- Saturated/impregnated materials
- Silicone release webs
- Transdermal medical webs
- Water-based and VOC solvent coatings