In addition to providing high quality air turns for the converting industry, ASI has also provided air turns to handle webs inside flotation dryers, where contact with the web is not an option – i.e. optical films. With several styles of air turns available, our design and engineering expertise can provide you with the best solution for your application.
Low Web Tension
Flotation air drums on a radius, deliver a lower volume and pressure of air to the product. In addition to being the choice for low-tension webs, this is also an excellent application for high temperatures.
High Web Tension
Air turn designed to deliver a high volume and pressure of air. This is a good application when high web tensions are used.
ASI air turns can be used for multi-pass dryers, in an effort to reduce overall floor space of the dryers. Our air turns have been used in both horizontal and vertical (festooning) drying applications.
Converting and Paper Industries
- Abrasive coated web
- Barrier coated film
- Carbonless and thermal coatings
- Clay-coated paper and board
- Cleanroom applications
- Electronic components materials
- Filter media
- Flexible circuit materials
- Magnetic media film
- Non-woven products
- Optical quality products
- Photo sensitive materials
- Plastic, film and foil laminates
- Pre-pasted wall coverings
- Pressure sensitive adhesives
- Protective overcoats
- Saturated/impregnated materials
- Silicone release webs
- Transdermal medical webs
- Water-based and VOC solvent coatings